Fight News

Joshua vs. Pulev Set for June 20

Joshua returns to the UK for a mandatory defense.

Unified heavyweight champion titlist Anthony Joshua will make his mandatory defense against Kubrat Pulev on June 20 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

The bout will be Joshua’s first UK bout since stopping Alexander Povetkin at Wembley Stadium in September 2018. Joshua regained his WBA/WBO/IBF titles from Andy Ruiz in December via unanimous decision, avenging his upset knockout defeat last June.

“On June 20, I am defending my Heavyweight World Titles,” said Joshua. “I’m back in my home city after some time away. A spectacular stadium has been built in North London and I’m honoured to bring the boxing community from all over the world to witness us make history with the stadium’s first Heavyweight World Title fight. The belts go back up in the air and nothing will stop me from being victorious.”

Pulev is the IBF’s No. 1-ranked contender. He first challenged for the title in 2014, suffering his lone defeat to Wladimir Klitschko by a fifth-round TKO. Since then, Pulev has won eight-straight including wins over Dereck Chisora and Hughie Fury.

“I am happy to have the opportunity to show the world how strong I really am,” said Pulev. “Becoming a Heavyweight World Champion has always been my mission in life and on June 20 2020 I will fulfil my destiny!”

The fight will air exclusively on DAZN and Sky Sports Box Office.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: